Today condensation can easily be removed from failed double glazing, by a person with very basic DIY skills, using the Condensation2Clear DIY kit! In fact any person that can drill a hole in wood, can repair a sealed unit it really is easy. The repair only takes 20 minutes and is guaranteed for 20 years, although in reality the repair will last the lifetime of the unit. Scientifically the guarantee is guaranteed because after the repair the pressure equalised unit will react differently to it’s environment and will not become pressurised then open and later condensate.
If you have one or two units blown, you can be sure that other units will soon follow, one kit £49.99 will repair 12 units, so the repair cost is only £4.17 per unit. The repaired unit will have the same thermal value as when it was new, except for if it was argon filled, then the thermal value will be slightly lower.
SIMPLE REPAIR OVERVIEW
- Install the first template in the lowest bottom corner and the second template in the opposite top corner.
- Drill one hole through both templates using the 4mm diamond drill bit whilst spraying with water.
- Insert a 4mm dia magnet into the cavity; now use both magnets to break up any mildew.
- Insert condensation pellets into the unit. (the pellets will disappear after 1 month)
- Install & cement in both holes two 6mm transparent plugs with a 0.5mm pressure release hole.
You will need to supply one electric drill, and some tap water.