The repaired unit will have the same thermal value as when it was new, except for if it was argon filled, then the thermal value will be slightly lower.
SIMPLE REPAIR OVERVIEW - Toughened / Tempered Glass
- Identify drill points on sides of Windows or Doors
- Drill 2 holes in each unit as per the instructions
- Insert bridging tube across desiccant spacer bar into the unit
- Load pellets down the bridging tube and push into the window
- Install air tube and vent covers
NOTE: Toughened glass repair kit will not require you to drill into the glass, you must never attempt to drill toughened glass it will explode.
To fix toughen glass units you must be able to access the side of the window, so the windows must open, fixed in windows are not able to be fixed with our kits..
CONTENTS OF KIT
- Instruction Booklets
- 1x Safety mask
- 1x Safety glove for handling pellets
- 5mm side window drill bit
- Condensation2Clear drying agent (pellets)
- 6 x Small white side window vents
- 6 x large white side window vents
- Spacer bar bridge tubes
- 1x adhesive
If your unit has failed for a long time chemicals from the desiccants mix with the condensation and the sun bakes the chemicals into the glass causing a cloudy effect. This is called letching and looks like river inlets inside the unit. Letching is baked into the glass and CANNOT be removed.
PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS KIT TO REMOVE STAINING OR ETCHING