If you have one or two units blown, you can be sure that other units will soon follow, one kit £49.99 will repair 12 units, so the repair cost is only £4.17 per unit. The repaired unit will have the same thermal value as when it was new, except for if it was argon filled, then the thermal value will be slightly lower.
SIMPLE REPAIR OVERVIEW
- Install the first template in the lowest bottom corner and the second template in the opposite top corner.
- Drill one hole through both templates using the 4mm diamond drill bit whilst spraying with water.
- Insert a 4mm dia magnet into the cavity; now use both magnets to break up any mildew.
- Insert condensation pellets into the unit. (the pellets will disappear after 1 month)
- Install & cement in both holes two 6mm transparent plugs with a 0.5mm pressure release hole.
You will need to supply one electric drill, and some tap water.
CONTENTS OF KIT
- 1x Instruction Booklet
- 2x Drilling templates
- 1x Tape to secure templates
- 1x Safety mask
- 1x Safety glove for handling pellets
- 4mm Diamond coated drill bit
- 1x Spray bottle to apply water whilst drilling
2x Rare earth neodymium magnets (1 inside unit + 1 outside unit)
- Disappearing drying pellets
- 6mm Transparent glass plugs (2 per unit)
- 1x Wooden plug applicator
- 1x Transparent glass plug & pin installer
- 1x Plug adhesive
If your unit has failed for a long time chemicals from the desiccants mix with the condensation and the sun bakes the chemicals into the glass causing a cloudy effect. This is called letching and looks like river inlets inside the unit. Letching is baked into the glass and CANNOT be removed.
PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE THIS KIT TO REMOVE STAINING OR ETCHING
This kit will not fix toughened / tempered or safety glass use our Toughened Glass Repair Kit for these types of windows / doors.
If you are unsure on your type of glass if in the UK look for a kit mark in the corners of the glass, any units after 1995 should have this.. If outside UK your window may have a mark if not there are plenty of videos on youtube that show how to test for toughened glass using a mobile/cellphone (without screen protector) and polarised sun glasses.